John Havard, Chair – Technology Services
Mike Newmeyer – Technology Services
John Valdez – Transportation
Anthony Castro –
M & O
Contract Negotiations are complex. Your Negotiations Team continues to follow our historical RESPA protocol of:
- Hearing what is important to our members. We do this by asking questions, surveying the membership, Town Hall Meetings, Site Rep Input and ongoing requests for input.
- Discerning which issues have the greatest impact. We do this as a committee, with Executive Board, Site Rep Council & CTA Staff input.
- We always negotiate for increased wages and ongoing benefits.
- The Negotiations Team submits an initial proposal. Based on member, Board, Site Rep Council and CTA Staff input.
- The District submits their initial proposal.
- We work back and forth, refining, disagreeing, agreeing, negotiating both fine and broad points of the contract. There can be many times the proposals a reworked and resubmitted.
- The Negotiations Team and the District agree upon a contract. This can take days, weeks and sometimes months. It is a process.
- The Negotiations Team brings the contract to the membership for approval.
- The District brings the approved contract to the RUSD School Board for approval.